Thursday, April 9, 2009

Qing Ming Festival

Honestly, this is the first time I attended the festival since my grandpa's passing a few years ago. That day always fall on a school day! But...it falls on Saturday this year which makes Taiping super jam with cars on that day. Coincidentally, it is also during the campaigning for the by-election. Therefore, more jam!

All of us went uphill to the cemetry around 7.30++ in the morning. Because of the rain on the previous day, the roads there were all muddy. Fortunately, I wore old slippers because my feet are highly covered with mud after that. We cleaned the grave a bit there and pray to both my grandparents. Later, it's burning time! It's amazing how creative people are these days. They come out with paper handphones, paper handphone charger and even bluetooth devices. I wonder whether my grandparents know how to use them. Other than that we also burn paper jewelleries, paper credit card, paper wallet, paper belt, some paper clothes and lots of hell bank notes. We also burn paper handbag for my grandma which we jokingly said is LV branded. It's a pity I don't have the pictures. My aunt has them though.

After that, we ate the 'kuih' which were used for praying. Then we cleaned up and left the place only to get into a small traffic jam. By the time we left, a lot of people only start travelling to the cemetry causing quite a massive jam on the other side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment